Welcome to the CD Rollout FTP page. From here you can quickly and easily upload any design files needed for your project. If your artwork is zipped/compressed and 250mb or under you may upload it to our ftp for quickest service. Alternatively, you made send a disc of your artwork with your audio master or email artwork link via Dropbox (or equivalent) to your account CD Rollout account represent.
|If your file size is…||And Your Connection Speed Is…||Your upload will take around…|
|5 Mb||28/56k||30 min.|
|15 Mb||28/56k||90 min.|
|30 Mb||28/56k||3 hrs.|
Before submitting artwork please read through these guidelines. Failure to do so may cost you time and money!
1. We accept file formats that include PDF, TIFF, PSD, AI, JPEG, and EPS. Please do not send us original program files such as Quark, InDesign, Publisher, etc. Convert these files to a PDF or TIFF format and be certain to include fonts.
2. USE OUR TEMPLATES ONLY
3. If you do not upload your artwork, please include all hard copy files on a CDr and submit with your master audio.
4. Do not send us your only copy, please make sure you back up your files.
5. DO NOT include extra files that are unrelated to your job.
6. DO NOT include fonts that are not used in your job.
7. Please include a list of all files and fonts used in your job.
8. If using Illustrator please outline your fonts.
9. All photo-based images must be in the TIF format at 300 dpi and in CMYK (for full color images), grayscale (if your image is to be printed in black only) or duotone (provide curves along with files.) Pantones should be used on CD labels ONLY unless you are paying extra to use it in your print materials.
10. DO NOT embed your text or line art into your photographs. This will diminish the edge quality of text and lines.
11. All images must have a bleed. A bleed is the area that will be cut off the print to prevent your final artwork from having white edges. When scanning images, keep the bleed in mind so you do not have to force a bleed by resizing an image. This will inevitably cause a loss of sharpness and make the pixels more apparent.
12. If you are using Pantone colors, be sure to provide a list of the colors used on each part of the job.
13. If we have to make ANY adjustments or conversions, a $75 per hour charge will be added to your overall production cost if you do not meet our guidelines with a minimum charge of 1 hour @ $75. We will notify you and get your approval before any adjustments are made.
14. Our design staff will be happy to answer any questions if you are unsure whether your files meet our requirements.
15. Failure to meet all of the above conditions will in every case hold up production time.
16. Save time and money by thinking ahead and asking questions when you are unsure.